Installation & Commissioning
Global SCS’ validation services helps you to demonstrate management of safety on offshore facilities in accordance with the OPGGS regulations 2009.
It is a form of independent certification, of engineered systems and equipment at an offshore facility, which provides NOPSEMA with an increased level of assurance that the systems and equipment will fulfil their safety functions.
It is required by NOPSEMA that the operator of a proposed or an existing facility to provide validation:
- In respect of the proposed facility; or
- In respect of a proposed significant change to an existing facility.
The validation must establish, to the level of assurance reasonably required by NOPSEMA:
In the case of a proposed facility—that the design, construction and installation (including instrumentation, process layout and process control systems) of the facility incorporate measures that:
- will protect the health and safety of persons at the facility; and
- are consistent with the formal safety assessment for the facility
In the case of an existing facility—that, after any proposed change or changes, the facility incorporate measures that will protect the health and safety of persons at or near the facility.
Global SCS as an independent body can be involved with the following:
- Review and confirm that the agreed safety critical systems and equipment will fulfil (or continue to fulfil) their required safety functions under normal conditions and in the event of an accident or emergency
- Validate that the systems and equipment will meet the necessary performance standards, as determined by the formal safety and risk assessment
- Create and validation plan that is consistent with the safety case and the safety assessment of the installation
Global SCS' as an appointed Independent Competent Person / Independent verification body through their offshore verification services ensures that all Major Accident Hazards (MAH’s) pertaining to an offshore installation are adequately managed throughout the installation life cycle.
The UK regulations now follow a fully goal setting approach and aim for continuing safety improvements. Verification is the process of independently and competently managing the Major Accident Hazards (MAH’s) pertaining to an installation and thereby contributes to the continuing safety improvement requirement of the regulations.
Global SCS’ offshore verification services involves the following;
- Review of list of Safety and Environmentally Critical Elements (SECE’s)
- Drafting or Review of Performance Standards (PS), related to the SECE’s
- Drafting or review of written schemes
- Implementation of verification activities
- Maintenance and revision of written schemes
The entire verification process is managed using Global SCS’ unique cloud based technology software Integrity Pro.
- Unique cloud based approach
- Provides assurance to the operator and the regulator that the risks from MAH’s are adequately managed throughout the life cycle of the installation.
- Services can be applied to existing facilities or new build installations and contribute to duty holders’ commitment to continuing safety and help with the continuing license to operate
Vendor & third party inspections
Global SCS’ inspection services reduces risk, ensures quality and provides confidence in the compliance of your equipment with standard, codes and regulatory requirements.
We bring extensive experience and high levels of skill and commitment to this all-important aspect of every contract. Through diligence and a dedicated team of people, we provide the ideal solution to the QA/QC part of our project package. We guarantee the highest standards of technical quality assurance for every project we undertake. This is underpinned by our excellent network of suppliers, strategic alliances and associations. As with all our services our speed of response to our customers’ requirements and the quality of our solutions are the hallmarks of our work.
Global SCS has two types of QC Inspections:
- Vendor inspection
- Independent third party inspection
Providing confidence in delivery of quality with your global supply chain:
- Involves inspecting items at their place of manufacture before delivery
- The items are verified against client specified specifications and purchase order requirements
- Global SCS acts as an extension to your quality team and supports quality assurance throughout the procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation of the equipment/process
- Inspection results in the issue of inspection reports, release notes etc
INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY INSPECTION
- Involves inspecting items at their place of manufacture
- Items are checked for their design and manufacturing compliance against international standards and codes
- Inspection results in the issue of Certificate of Conformance (CoC)
- Global SCS acts as a totally independent body to verify the design and manufacturing as per the standard requirements
- Reduce and manage risks linked to quality problems with supplies
- Provides reassurance on the supply chain. Proven cost effective method of managing quality of your supply chain
Global SCS' quality engineering services reduces risk, ensures quality and provides confidence in the compliance of your equipment with standards, codes and regulatory requirements.
We bring extensive experience and high levels of skill and commitment to this all-important aspect of every project stage. Through diligence and a dedicated team of people, we provide the ideal solution to the QA/QC part of your project package. We guarantee the highest standards of technical quality assurance for every project we undertake.
Over time, processes will be defined and best practices can be taken from all over the industry and implemented with the customer's organisation.
Global SCS can either provide:
- Quality Engineers to work on behalf of the customer located either onsite or remotely
- Source staff personnel to work directly for the customer
Our team of experts can offer support/services in the following areas:
- Conduct various GAP analysis on current QA/QC processes and identify key risk areas
- Define, implement and resource appropriate QA/QC processes, systems and documentation
- Develop and manage supplier evaluation processes and audit programs
- Provide relevant quality T&C's and review technical requirements in contracts
- Assist with Technical or Quality tender evaluation
- Develop and manage the vendor inspection process
- Source and place Quality Engineers and QC Inspectors to oversee QA/QC operations onsite
- Manage NCR process / supplier performance
- Manage local content QA/QC training and development
All the above can be applied to current business operations or specific projects.