Contribute to successful execution of your projects by ensuring timely delivery of equipment and supplies.
With supply chain becoming wider and increasingly global, sticking to project schedules is a challenge. Delayed and faulty materials, products and equipment have significant impact on the project cost and delivery. Global SCS’ expediting services helps to avoid the spiralling costs due to delays by ensuring that your suppliers deliver.
The scheduling aspects of the suppliers are investigated completely to ensure they meet the obligations set out in the contract and the equipment, material are delivered on time. Our unique global network with local professionals enables us to assess vendors and their production plans for you within days.
Our expediting services include:
- Coordination of expediting with all suppliers
- Monitoring the dispatch of material
- Expediting visits
- Field and desk expediting
- Recommendations for necessary measures
- Situation assessment for your overall project
- Supplier performance monitoring
- Keeps you up to date with project status reports
- Reduce expensive unexpected delays
- Global network of local professionals – remove communication and other barriers and reduce time and travel expenses.
Vendor & third party inspections
Global SCS’ inspection services reduces risk, ensures quality and provides confidence in the compliance of your equipment with standard, codes and regulatory requirements.
We bring extensive experience and high levels of skill and commitment to this all-important aspect of every contract. Through diligence and a dedicated team of people, we provide the ideal solution to the QA/QC part of our project package. We guarantee the highest standards of technical quality assurance for every project we undertake. This is underpinned by our excellent network of suppliers, strategic alliances and associations. As with all our services our speed of response to our customers’ requirements and the quality of our solutions are the hallmarks of our work.
Global SCS has two types of QC Inspections.
- Vendor inspection
- Independent third party inspection
Providing confidence in delivery of quality with your global supply chain.
- Involves inspecting items at their place of manufacture before delivery
- The items are verified against client specified specifications and purchase order requirements
- Global SCS acts as an extension to your quality team and supports quality assurance throughout the procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and operation of the equipment/process
- Inspection results in the issue of inspection reports, release notes etc
INDEPENDENT THIRD PARTY INSPECTION
- Involves inspecting items at their place of manufacture
- Items are checked for their design and manufacturing compliance against international standards and codes
- Inspection results in the issue of Certificate of Conformance (CoC)
- Global SCS acts as a totally independent body to verify the design and manufacturing as per the standard requirements
- Reduce and manage risks linked to quality problems with supplies
- Provides reassurance on the supply chain. Proven cost effective method of managing quality of your supply chain
Provides proof and confidence that materials meet defined chemical and mechanical properties and that the test results are in compliance with the requirements of the order and the standard.
The European Commission revised EN 10204 in 2004 and simplified the range of those certificate types. These are now:
- Type 2.1: Document issued by the manufacturer, stating compliance with the order
- Type 2.2: Test report issued by the manufacturer
- Type 3.1: Inspection document endorsed by the manufacturer's authorised representative stating compliance with the order
- Type 3.2: Inspection document endorsed by the manufacturer's authorised representative and either an inspection representative named by the purchaser or an independent third-party inspection body
Global SCS fulfils the role of the "authorised inspection representative or the independent third party inspection body".
3.1 Certification validation
Global SCS as an independent third-party can validate the material by witnessing the verification tests. This can be done by:
- Visual examination
- Witnessing the material testing
- Sample dimensional checks
Confirmation the material is traceable back to the ladle chemical analysis which may be in the form of a Type 3.1 certificate. In addition to the documentation review, our surveyor also visits the test house to witness all additional testing of the material necessary to confirm compliance with the specification and hard stamps the material.
Global SCS’ pre-shipment inspection offers you independent and professional verification of the quality, quantity, marking, packing and loading of your shipments, helping you meet quality standards, technical specifications and contractual requirements.
Our global presence, along with the necessary accreditations enables us to perform a detailed inspection prior to shipment, in the country of exportation, in every corner of the world.
Our pre-shipment inspection services include:
- Dimensional inspection
- Documentation review
- Packing and marking checks
- Visual inspection
- Witness tests
- Witness sample measurements in factory
- Verifying the number of packing cases and marking against contractual specifications
- Checking for appropriate handling during loading
- Checking the stowing, fastening and wedging on the means of transport
- Assure the quality, quantity, marking, packing and loading of your shipments
- Be certain that your goods are handled safely and correctly
- Ensure that your goods arrive at their place of destination in compliance with technical specifications, quality standards and contractual agreements
- Providing you with leading pre-shipment inspection across the globe
Global SCS’ Quality Engineering Services reduces risk, ensures quality and provides confidence in the compliance of your equipment with standards, codes and regulatory requirements.
We bring extensive experience and high levels of skill and commitment to this all-important aspect of every project stage. Through diligence and a dedicated team of people, we provide the ideal solution to the QA/QC part of your project package. We guarantee the highest standards of technical quality assurance for every project we undertake.
Over time processes will be defined and best practices can be taken from all over the industry and implemented with the customer's organisation.
Global SCS can either provide:
- Quality Engineers to work on behalf of the customer located either onsite or remotely
- Source staff personnel to work directly for the customer
Our team of experts can offer support/services in the following areas:
- Conduct various GAP analysis on current QA/QC processes and identify key risk areas
- Define, implement and resource appropriate QA/QC processes, systems and documentation
- Develop and manage supplier evaluation processes and audit programs
- Provide relevant quality T&C's and review Technical requirements in contracts
- Assist with Technical or Quality tender evaluation
- Develop and manage the Vendor inspection process
- Source and place Quality Engineers and QC Inspectors to oversee QA/QC Operations onsite
- Manage NCR process / supplier performance
- Manage local content QA/QC training and development
All the above can be applied to current business operations or specific projects.
ExPat in-country Inspectors
Global SCS uses their experience of working with a number of operators and drilling contractors to implement best practices from across the oil and gas industry. We place QA/QC Inspectors on site to oversee QC operations onsite and develop local content:
QA/QC Inspectors are placed at the site to:
- Inspect equipment arriving at the base
- Inspect equipment during storage
- Inspect equipment prior to rig load out
These inspections are based on the top level quality plan and individual quality matrix inspection plans which are developed with the suppliers. The QA/QC Inspectors also play a large role in the training and development of local content.
Development & training of local content
Over the past 10 years Global SCS has established a proven track record of local content development and training in African regions.
During the 18 month training programme the QA/QC trainees work alongside the QA/QC Inspectors at the supply base. They will be exposed to the day to day QC activities and receive hands on experience working with the end client and Well Services sub-contractors. As well as on the job training, the QA/QC Inspector trainees will attend industry recognised training courses in country and Worldwide.
- Local people trained on various aspects of quality, supporting well exploration & appraisal
- 18 month training program including;
- day to day QA/QC activities on supply site
- classroom presentations and assessments
- industry recognised training courses
- Trainee will be required to complete training log book and weekly inspection report